BREAD

BREAD

15 March 2011

something.

I'm supposed to write everyday. This is all fine & good, except for the fact that this was supposed to start over a year ago. I'm trying now. I have been doing yoga every day (only 10 minutes at home, but it's a start) thanks to my friend Steph. I'm figuring if I start to get disciplined in one area, it will spill over to the next. Right?

I have been contemplating my next career move, and trying to combat the feelings of STUCK I have been having. I spoke with a friend about my next step, about starting this candy biz I have merely been talking about,
(my un-resolution is less talk and more action) about continuing to freelance, and really navigating that world. The online cooking class I helped with was a great start. There really are a lot of things out there in the freelance writing/cooking/blogosphere. You just have to know where to look, where to start, where to go from here.
This is the hard part. I kind of feel like with every step, I get more and more motivated. It's when I'm home with Z (no offense choochoo) that my motivation begins to wane.
(Although my candy ideas seem to get better. Go figure for winter boredom).

What I DON'T want to do is put my culinary background to waste. Starting a business is so tough, yet I love the creativity and autonomy that comes from it. I'd love to start small, i.e. farmers markets, fundraisers, friends, family, etc. I'd start with one kind of candy/maybe two, one or two flavors, and that's it.

Now all I need is a name, a business plan, money, a kitchen to work in...

Not much huh?

Anyone have any tips to combat their own lack of motivation? Or business tips? Candy tips? I'll take 'em all.

No comments: